Vein Disease Treatment Center in Wesley Chapel, FL
According to the American Vein & Lymphatic Society, an estimated 80 million Americans have some form of vein disease. At Vein911® Vein Treatment Center in Wesley Chapel, Florida, the two most common venous issues we see are varicose veins and spider veins, both of which can result from faulty vein valves.
All veins have one-way valves inside them that normally open and close as necessary to facilitate the efficient flow of deoxygenated blood back to the heart. Weakened or damaged valves can allow blood to pool in a vein or even flow backward. The vein can then bulge and possibly twist, taking on a cord-like appearance.
Vein Disease Has More Than Cosmetic Implications
Bulging red, blue, or purple veins may be visible on the surface of the skin. Varicose veins can be raised and twisted, while spider veins are usually flat. In addition to these appearance-related effects, vein disease can cause uncomfortable symptoms, including:
- Leg heaviness and fatigue
- Lower leg and ankle swelling
- Numbness, burning, and tingling sensations
- Restless leg syndrome
- Night cramps
- Eczema, inflammation, and ulceration in the lower legs
- Reduced mobility
A mild case of vein disease may not cause problems or require treatment. However, a severe case can lead to chronic vein insufficiency (CVI), which occurs when the leg veins cannot deliver enough oxygen-depleted blood back to the heart, causing high blood pressure in the legs.
If left untreated, vein disease can also increase the risk of serious complications, including deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. Therefore, it is important to have enlarged veins and other vein disease symptoms evaluated by a qualified vein care physician.
We Focus Exclusively on Vein Disease
The dedicated team of specialists at Vein911® Vein Treatment Center offers the latest diagnostic services and FDA-approved treatments for vein disease. After a thorough evaluation that may include ultrasound imaging, we can determine whether your vein issues are related to an underlying medical condition, provide an accurate diagnosis, and suggest an appropriate treatment approach if needed. At our vein treatment center, you can benefit from several cutting-edge, in-office procedures, including:
- Ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy – Using real-time imaging for guidance, a physician locates a damaged vein under the skin, then uses a tiny needle to inject a mixture of mediation and carbon dioxide gas, which creates a foam that permanently closes the vein. The blood will then be rerouted to properly functioning veins nearby. Also known as VenaThrive®, this groundbreaking nonsurgical treatment is available only at Vein911®.
- Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT™) – Guided by ultrasound images, a physician precisely inserts a thin laser fiber into a malfunctioning vein, and then applies heat to the vein wall. Following the ablation, the vein will collapse and seal itself, and the blood will be redirected to surrounding healthy veins.
- VeinGogh – Using a hair-thin probe, a physician delivers a tiny, regulated, high-frequency current to a spider vein. This microburst of energy heats the vein, coagulates the blood inside it, and collapses the vessel wall, which will be slowly absorbed by the body.
Venous insufficiency is a recognized and treatable medical condition, and you don’t have to allow it to interfere with your active lifestyle. Many health insurance plans cover the treatment and removal of varicose veins after several weeks of conservative compression therapy.
If you would like to learn more, contact Vein911® Vein Treatment Center today to schedule a consultation with one of our specialists in Wesley Chapel, FL. We are dedicated to helping our patients feel better, heal better, and look better.