April Cortes, a recent Vein911 patient was recently featured in a nationally recognized magazine, First of Women. Sluggish or improperly working veins have been draining the energy from men and women for hundreds of years. Hear April’s story discussing her journey to an amazing recovery and energy boost after treatment of her venous insufficiency.
Many patients and even health care professionals don’t realize that hidden vein problems can cause lifestyle limiting symptoms. Some patient’s symptoms may go undiagnosed and untreated for years. You may have symptoms even without visible varicose veins!
Venous insufficiency is simply “a leak in the attic causing a flood in the basement”. Leaking vein valves result in pooling of blood in the lower legs producing numerous symptoms including: aches, pains, cramping, throbbing, burning, heavy/tired legs, night cramps, restless legs, ankle swelling, ankle discoloration or rash, and, in severe cases, ankle ulcers. All of these symptoms may be present with or without visible varicose veins.
The main causes of venous insufficiency are heredity number one and pregnancy number two so it is the only disease I know caused by parents and children! The number three cause is occupations requiring standing for a long time such as teaching, hair styling, nursing, and waiting tables, as well as those who must sit for a long time in front of a computer all day and telephone customer service representatives. Increasing age and obesity also contribute to vein disease but not as much as many people think. The main cause by far is heredity so you can eat right and exercise regularly and still have vein disease.
- Vein disease is often hidden and visible varicose veins may not be present.
- Hidden vein disease may significantly impact your overall well-being since vein related symptoms may affect a restful night’s sleep.
- Hidden vein problems can be easily diagnosed with an ultrasound exam.
- Over 90% of our patients with venous disease suffering from restless legs and nights cramps make a full recovery after treatment, often with amazing results.
- The quality of vein treatment centers are not the same so do your homework.
- One out of every 5 new patients in our practice have been previously treated with poor or incomplete results and Vein911 Vein Treatment Centers helps these patients with minimally invasive, Ultrasound-Guided Foam Sclerotherapy.