Vein Disease Treatment Center in Tampa, FL
In the United States, an astounding 80 million people have some form of vein disease. The experienced team of vascular specialists at Vein911® Vein Treatment Center in Tampa, Florida, specializes in addressing vein-related ailments, including two prevalent venous issues—varicose veins and spider veins—that result from malfunctioning vein valves.
Within all veins lie one-way valves, which efficiently orchestrate the flow of deoxygenated blood back to the heart. If a valve weakens or sustains damage, it may allow blood to backtrack or stagnate in the vein. Consequently, the vein may bulge and twist, taking on a cord-like appearance.
Beyond Skin Deep: The Impact of Vein Disease
Varicose veins tend to be raised and contorted, while spider veins remain relatively flat. While any type of prominent vein can mar the skin’s surface, the implications of vein disease extend beyond skin-deep aesthetics. It can also cause discomfort in the form of:
- Heaviness and fatigue in the legs
- Numbness, tingling, and burning sensations
- Swelling in the lower legs and ankles
- Nighttime leg cramps
- Restless leg syndrome
- Eczema, inflammation, and leg ulcers
- Reduced mobility
Although a mild case of vein disease may be tolerable, a severe case can lead to chronic vein insufficiency (CVI). In CVI, the leg veins struggle to return oxygen-depleted blood to the heart, elevating the blood pressure in the legs. Additionally, if left unaddressed, CVI can sometimes lead to serious complications, such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism. For these reasons, it is important to talk with a qualified vein care specialist about any enlarged veins and related symptoms, even if they do not cause discomfort.
We Are Devoted to Vein Care Excellence
The team at Vein911® Vein Treatment Center is exclusively dedicated to helping our patients manage vein disease with state-of-the-art diagnostics and FDA-approved treatments. After completing a comprehensive assessment, which may involve ultrasound imaging, we can ascertain if your vein concerns stem from an underlying medical condition. Then, we can provide an accurate diagnosis and recommend a suitable treatment plan if necessary.
At our modern vein center, we offer a spectrum of cutting-edge in-office procedures for addressing vein-related ailments, including:
- Ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy – This groundbreaking procedure, known as VenaThrive®, employs real-time imaging to help a physician locate a compromised vein. Then, by injecting a combination of medication and carbon dioxide gas, the physician can create a specialized foam that will permanently seal the vein and reroute the blood to healthier veins nearby.
- Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT™) – Guided by ultrasound imagery, a physician will carefully insert a slender laser fiber into a malfunctioning vein. By precisely applying controlled heat to the vein wall, the physician can close the vein and redirect the blood to surrounding healthy veins.
- VeinGogh – Utilizing a hair-thin probe, a physician will deliver a controlled, high-frequency current to a spider vein, which can coagulate the blood within it, causing the vessel to collapse. The collapsed vein will then be gradually absorbed by the body.
Compared to invasive vein-stripping surgery, these groundbreaking minimally invasive treatments offer many benefits, including no hospitalization, no incisions, no scarring, and a quick recovery.
Many health insurance plans include coverage for vein treatment after an initial period of conservative compression therapy. If you would like to learn more, contact Vein911® Vein Treatment Center today to schedule a consultation at our office in Tampa, FL, and start your journey toward healing and well-being. You can confidently entrust your vein care to us—veins are all we do!