Good News! Most Treatments For Vein Disease Are Covered By Insurance!
Medicare and most commercial insurance companies cover the diagnosis and evaluation of varicose veins and venous insufficiency. Treatment coverage by Medicare and other insurance depends on an in office evaluation by our vein care specialist and what we find on your ultrasound exam of your legs. 93% of our medical patients have their treatments covered by insurance. Medicare and most insurance companies may first require you to try conservative treatments including the use of compression hose, prior to approving laser ablation treatment and other minimally-invasive procedures. Our vein care specialists will happily walk you through a full benefit estimate prior to treatment.
Vein Treatment Consultation
- Meet your Vein Care Specialist and receive a comprehensive medical and cosmetic vein evaluation.
- An ultrasound exam will be recommended if your issue is medical.
Ultrasound of Your Leg Veins
- An ultrasound exam of your legs is performed to evaluate your vein size and determine if you any leaky vein valves.
Ultrasound Follow Up Appointment
- Your custom vein map report is reviewed with your Vein Care Specialist.
- Conservative management and minimally-invasive treatment is discussed if your report is positive for vein disease.
- Most insurance companies require a conservative trial of compression hose and other measures.
- Your treatment will not be covered by insurance without a conservative treatment lasting anywhere from 3-6 weeks (depending on your insurance provider).
- Our medical-grade graduated compression hose are world-class, custom measured, comfortable, and even stylish.
- Most patients with vein symptoms feel better when wearing high quality hose and often see immediate improvements.
- Appointments throughout conservative treatment may be completed virtually.
- Thermal Ablation and Ultrasound-Guided Foam Sclerotherapy (UGFS) are performed following your compression trial.
- Most patients need 1-2 thermal ablations and 2 UGFS to complete treatment of one leg.
- There is NO downtime. You return to normal activities immediately following each treatment.
- Treatments are virtually pain free.
Treatment Follow Up
- An ultrasound exam of your legs will be completed to document closure of your treated veins.